Visit Oil Skimmers, Inc., booth 121457 at the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) next week at McCormick Center in Chicago, to see our oil separation and removal solutions in action - including the CoolSkim™ coolant coalescer and tramp oil separator. The CoolSkim efficiently and effectively removes oil from coolant systems and parts washers to:
- Extend the life of coolants and wash water
- Avoid frequent, costly coolant replacement and spent coolant disposal charges
- Eliminate the source of bacteria growth to keep employees safe and prevent foul odors
- Extend the life of machine tools by using cleaner coolant
- Improve the finishing process and performance of washed parts by using cleaner wash solutions
- Decrease the need for chemicals or detergents in wash solutions
How Does it Work?
The CoolSkim™ removes tramp oil from the surface of coolant sumps and parts washers, extending the life of coolants and wash water, and eliminating the source of bacteria growth in the sump.
An submersible electric, or air-operated double diaphragm pump brings a continual flow of the contaminated liquid from the coolant or wash water sump into to the Coolskim unit.
The solution then flows through the coalescing media pack to accelerate separation. Free oil rises to the surface, forming a distinct layer, and drained away using an adjustable surface funnel. The funnel can be set to varying heights to dictate how much of the surface oil flows to the discharge port. Oil-free water or coolant is returned to the application.
See the CoolSkim in action at Booth 121457