When it comes to oil skimming solutions, the Oil Skimmers Model 6V Brill™ oil skimming system is the dependable, cost-effective and uncomplicated solution for removing oily waste from water during the manufacturing and waste treatment process.
The Oil Skimmers Model 6V waste oil recovery system removes animal, vegetable and petroleum-based oils, fats, greases, and oily wastes that float on the surface of water or other liquids. The unit removes as much as 100 gallons of waste oil per hour, and discharges it into a drum so efficiently that the recovered waste oil is virtually water-free.
Features and Benefits
- Closed-loop collector tube floats on water surface
- Collector tube performance is unaffected by any floating debris
- Tube easily floats up or down to adjust to changing water level
- Gyrating action of collector tube breaks up oil crusts
- Virtually maintenance-free operation
- Unique anti-clogging design
- Cast metal housing and structural members
- High performance, quiet-running motor
- Can operate unattended 24/7
- Up to 30-year operating life
How the Model 6V Works
At its simplest, the Oil Skimmers Model 6V Brill™ waste oil recovery system separates oil and water using a specially formulated collector tube:
- Oil adheres to the outside of the floating closed-loop tube as it is slowly drawn across the surface of the water and into the oil skimmer.
- Unlike other skimmers, which can get clogged by floating debris, the tube skimmer snakes over and around floating debris, adjusting automatically to changing water levels.
- The tube is then drawn up into the oil skimmer and through scrapers that remove the oil.
- The tube then returns to the water surface to collect more oil.
- The recovered oil flows into a collection container.
To see the Model 6V in action, visit our Oil Skimmers video page. In addition, you can view the Model 6V spec sheet, or get more information about a specific application such as, military vehicle wash racks.
The Expertly Crafted, Customizable Oil Separation Solution
Engineered for headache-free operation, the external parts of the Oil Skimmers Model 6V Brill ™ unit – the drive wheel, scrapers, and pressure blocks – are made of high abrasion-resistant ceramic. Gearing is engineered to require minimal power and maintenance, and sealed in a cast housing to protect them from conditions found in and around a skimming environment.
Its thoughtful design and durable construction ensure the Model 6V Brill ™ system an operational life span of 25 to 30 years. Many units have been in service for more than 30 years and are still going strong.
The Oil Skimmers Model 6V Brill ™ unit waste oil recovery system has been designed to operate continually and unattended as it separates animal, vegetable, and petroleum-based oils, fats, and greases floating on the surface of water.
Mounting equipment options increase its versatility, plus prefabricated mounting packages further extend the Model 6V system’s flexibility. These packages simplify placement of the system on pits, sumps, ponds, and open or closed tanks, thus eliminating costly operation.
With experience in over 25,000 applications, our experienced representatives are available to survey your oil removal needs and design a system to meet even the most challenging waste oil removal problem.
Model 6V Typical Applications
Model 6V oil skimmers are at work in thousands of applications worldwide. A sampling includes:
- Wastewater Treatment
- Disposal Sites
- Heat Treating
- Steel Producing
- Chemical Processing
- Poultry Processing
- Metal Processing
- Automotive Parts
- Food Processing
- Fuel Distribution
- Metal Office Furniture
- Power Generation
- Heavy Equipment Wash Base
- Any other application where waste oil is a problem
No matter what your application needs, Oil Skimmers Inc. has a system that will manage all your waste oil recovery efforts.