An Oil Water Separator that Removes Oil from Wastewater Prior to Additional Treatment or Discharge
Many industrial and
that generate wastewater face three key challenges:
- Allow oil and water the proper time to separate in order to recover the oil
- Determine most efficient method to remove oil from the surface of wastewater prior to further treatment or discharge
- Address varying flow rates of wastewater for maximum efficiency of treatment or ultrafiltration
Oil/water separation, oil skimming, and wastewater flow regulation issues seem to call for different, independent solutions. But there is an all-in-one solution - the Skim 1st Tank.
The Skim 1st Oil Water Separator Tank is designed to:
- Accommodate batches of oily water
- Allow oil and water time to separate into two layers
- Continuously remove oil with an integrated oil skimmer
- Regulate flow rate of water for additional treatment or discharge
A Skim 1st Oil Water Separator Tank is the perfect solution for:
- Applications where there is oil meeting water, but no existing tank, sump,
or pit where an oil skimmer can be implemented
- Processes requiring a settling tank to separate oil and other contaminants
from wastewater or process water
- Wastewater treatment systems like evaporators and ultrafiltration, designed
to accommodate specific, steady flow rates, but your process produces
wastewater in batches or at varying intervals
The Skim 1st Oil Water Separator Tank can be customized to your specific application with the addition of these optional features:
- Control panel with stainless steel or explosion proof enclosure
- Level switch to detect tank levels, trigger skimmer operation, activate pumps, and/or alarm lights
- Oil sensing technology to trigger desired action
- Teflon™ or epoxy coatings
- Oil collection reservoir to contain recovered oil
- Heat tracing and insulation for cold temperature environments
- Overflow and spill containment
The Skim 1st Tank features a Brill®
tube-type oil skimmer to either remove
oil continuously, or when signaled by
an optional level switch, or oil sensor.
The floating collector tube attracts oil from the surface of the liquid and is drawn into the skimmer where it passes through a series of scrapers. As the scrapers remove the oil, it drains into
a collection vessel, or an optional decanter to ensure no water is recovered with the oil. The clean tube returns to the tank to pick up more oil.
Oil Skimmers, Inc. tube-type skimmers need no regular
maintenance and they have been operating in the
harshest industrial environments for decades.
Whether the tank solution pH is very high or low,
the skimmer will last.
A Skim 1st Oil Water Separator Tank System to Suit Your Application
Our application experts and engineering team can assess your needs and customize a Skim 1st Tank that suits your application. Contact Us or Request a Quote and we will work with you to determine the best solution for your oil/water challenges.