If you’re in the market for an oil removal solution, you already know that there are various types of oil skimmers. But did you know that choosing the wrong skimmer type can result in poor oil removal? This, in turn, can lead to maintenance issues, health and safety risks, and failure to comply with environmental regulations, among other serious business implications.
To avoid these problems and to help you make the right skimmer choice for your particular application, we’ve covered a few questions that you should ask before making a purchase.
What are my needs?
Choosing the right oil skimming solution for your business depends on your specific requirements and expectations. Start with these questions to make an educated decision:
- Do you want to pick up only oil and no water?
- Do you want to remove the sheen from the water’s surface?
- Do you need options for mounting the oil skimmer?
- Do you have debris in your wastewater?
- Do water levels fluctuate in your application?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then a Brill® tube-type oil skimmer is the way to go.
Tube-type oil skimmers work by running an oil-collection tube across the water’s surface. The tube only picks up the oil and leaves water behind.
Brill® tube-type oil skimmers:
- Automatically adjust to changing water levels.
- Are not affected by floating debris.
- Can be mounted to fit any application using pre-engineered, or custom mounting systems.
- Can be integrated with other components like tanks, decanters, controllers, and pumps to form complete, all-in-one systems like the ORTS® Oil Removal and Transfer System
In some applications, or in the event of spills, you may need to remove a large volume of oil quickly – and collecting some water along with the oil is not a concern, we may recommend using a different solution, like a 3F Series floating weir skimmer.
What should be your next step?
If you’ve decided which type of oil skimmer is right for your application, start thinking about choosing a vendor. We’ve prepared a list of seven questions to help you determine the right partner for your oil skimming solution.
Oil Skimmers, Inc. provides a variety of standard and custom-engineered oil removing solutions, and Brill® tube-type oil skimmers have been a staple of our product line for more than 50 years. Contact us today, and we will gladly help you determine the ideal skimming solution for your needs.